1As we draw closer to the eventual release of the highly anticipated Windows 10 Anniversary Update on August 2nd, we are witness to yet another Insider Preview Build – build 14379 – let us see what the latest addition to the family has in store for us!
Windows 10 Insider Preview builds are made with the target audience being developers and given access to programs and other software that are otherwise not accessible by the consumer.
These builds are only for testing and full of bugs, as such it is highly ill advised to make it your primary OS of choice unless you are a developer for the Windows platform.
The latest addition to the family is Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14379, which brings with it a plethora of fixes for Mobile and PC.
The build is currently available to users in the fast-ring, so if you wish to get your hands on it, you will have to opt for the fast-ring.
Let’s cut to the chase and see what has the latest build fixed or otherwise taken care of:
- Fixed an issue where aspect ratio for images on live tile would be lost if they were shrunk, giving them the feel of being stretched.
- Fixed the issue of a stray focus rectangle suddenly appearing in certain apps such as Cortana when the keyboard is brought up.
- Fixed action center crashing after clearing a significant build up of notifications.
- Fixed issue where sticky note would lose the focus of the keyboard when minimized and reopened.
- Fixed the size of the credentials UI not properly showing the contents on a display with a high DPI.
- Fixed the Centennial app starting from Cortana / Start menu would not make it count in the “Most Used” list in the start menu.
Now that we have seen what has been fixed, let us see what are the drawbacks of the latest build:
- Battery drain in Lumia 830, 930 and 1520 are being investigated.
- Wi-Fi disconnection issues, for further details follow this link [Microsoft Answers]
- Inability to interact with PDF files loaded in Microsoft Edge. Any touch interaction such as zoom, pan, etc will lead to the PDF file being reloaded.
- Backup format has been changed, to where it is highly recommended you thoroughly consider making the move to Insider Preview Build 14379, as you will face several issues when going back to build 10586 such as a reset start screen layout. For further information, visit the source.
- Using Continuum from phone to PC through the connect app is temporarily out of order. Will be fixed in the next build.
With that, we have covered the good, the bad, and the ugly of using the latest insider preview, what are your thoughts on the latest installation of the insider builds?
Let us know in the comments section below and whether you are excited about the upcoming Anniversary update for consumers at the start of August!