Microsoft has rolled out a new Insider Build to the fast ring users – build 11102 – but unlike the previous build, this one has more substantial changes.
It was only a few days ago that Microsoft rolled out the Insider Preview Build 11099, which didn’t have as many changes as users were expecting.
For Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102, Microsoft has attached a changelog to give users an idea of what lies in store for them when they install the new build, keep in mind however, that Microsoft suggests gamers to avoid this build for the time being.
What’s New In Insider Preview Build 11102?
The highlight of this update would have to be how Microsoft has changed the history menu in Microsoft Edge. This was a feature that was under great demand from the community and it seems the company has finally been able to deliver on it.
Users of the browser can now click on forward and back arrows to quickly revisit pages that they may have accidentally clicked past. This is definitely something that should be given a lot of attention and surely a feature that Edge users are really anticipating.
Keep in mind however, Microsoft [Windows Blog] has posted the following issues when it comes Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102:
- PC games are reported to crash when switching from windowed to full screen mode when the resolution is changed or on launch of the game. This is attributed to a bug in the graphics stack and was most commonly found in newer games such as The Witcher 3, Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and Assassins Creed, but the crash might happen with other titles too.
- The in-house applications made for assisting such as magnifier or narrator or any other similar third party assistant software may crash or present other issues, if you are one to rely on the on-screen reader for navigating Windows, it is recommended you avoid this build.
- You might run into a WSClient.dll error dialog after logging in. The workaround for this is to run a line in command prompt that is launched as an Admin:
schtasks /delete /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\WS\WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask” /F
- When updating to this build, your computer may show a message about your Wireless card being incompatible or otherwise non-responsive. To fix this, you have to visit the support page on your system or the wireless card and install the latest driver available.
- The connect button is not present in the Action Center.
As you can see, 11102 is quite the difficult update, one would have to assess many risks that come with this build before installing it.
If you are a developer, let us know in the comments section below if you are interested in working with this build or not?